The following information is an extract from the HSE webpage on Antigen Testing for Primary School Children. You can view the full page with a more detailed explanation on the ordering and administering of antigen tests here.
Antigen testing is more accurate if you do a series of tests on different days.
Your child will need to do 3 antigen tests in total. You can do them at any time of the day. There are 2 spare tests in the box if you need them.
Your child can still go to school while you are doing the series of antigen tests as long as:
- they do not have symptoms of COVID-19
- their antigen test results are negative
Do the 3 antigen tests in this order:
- First test on the day you get the tests.
- Second test 2 days after the first test.
- Third test 2 days after the second test.