Our school was built in 1964. It is situated between Cloghan and Kilcormac. We have five teachers in our school, Mrs. Doolan, Mr. Gilligan, Miss Kerin and Mrs. Farrelly, Ms Donohoe and Ms Digan. Rosemary McGarry is our school secretary. The school was refurbished in 2005 and the new building was officially opened on May 6th by Brian Cowen, then Minister of Finance and Dr. Colm O’Reilly, Bishop of Ardagh and Clonmacnois.
The principal’s name is Mrs Doolan. Lumcloon National School replaced Bun National School which was opened in 1885. Our school originally had two classrooms. Children from Lumcloon, Bun and Derrycarney attended Lumcloon National School. In 1976 a neighbouring school in Leamore in the parish of Ferbane was amalgamated with Lumcloon National School and the children from that school came to Lumcloon.